59th Medical Wing   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Questions > FAQ Topic

How do I get a copy of a birth certificate of someone born at Wilford Hall?

For copies of birth certificates for individuals born at Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center:

The individual must go through the San Antonio Health Department, Vital Statistics Department. Their web site is http://www.sanantonio.gov/health/VitalStats-Main.html. Their phone number is (210) 207-8754.

How do I get copies of my medical records?

To obtain copies of medical records:

If the patient was seen at Wilford Hall during the last 5 years, they should call the hospital's Release of Healthcare Information Office at 292-5081. Their fax number is 292-7127.

Wilford Hall only keeps medical records for five years. After that, the records are retired to the National Personnel Records Center in St Louis, MO. The individual can request a copy by sending a signed letter to the following address:
9700 Page
St Louis, MO 63132

The NPRC will need the patient's name, the military sponsor's SSAN, place of treatment (Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center), dates of treatment, and what records are needed.

The NPRC's toll free phone number is: 1-866-272-6272

Individuals can access more information on the NPRC web site at: http://www.archives.gov/research/order/#other

How do I obtain copies of my dental records?

Dental clinics maintain their own records. Please contact your respective clinic for instructions on obtaining records:

- Dunn Dental Clinic, (210) 671-9612
- Air Force Post Graduate Dental School and Clinic, (210) 292-7251

tab Topics 
Community Relations/Media Relations
Patient Information
Phone numbers
Post-Graduate Medical/Dental Training Verification
Sick call

 Inside 59th MDW

ima cornerSearch

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     USA.gov     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act