An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


Please see the below topics for answers to frequently asked questions about the 59th Medical Wing.


Collapse All Expand All

Who do I call if I have concerns about patient safety and/or the quality of care provided at any 59th Medical Wing treatment facility?

All patient concerns should be addressed at the clinic level before being elevated. Click here to for clinic specific advocate phone numbers. 

1st Level: Clinic or Section Patient Advocate
2nd Level: Flight or Squadron Leadership
3rd Level: Group Patient Advocate


How do I make an appointment?

Call the Consult Appointment Management Office:
(210) 916-9900
6:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on duty days
Best Times to Call: After 10 a.m., Tuesdays through Fridays

I still can't get an appointment, who do I turn to?

Contact the 59th Medical Wing Patient Advocate at 210-292-6688

I'm a member of the media and would like to interview a medical expert from the 59th Medical Wing. How do I go about arranging an interview?

Media member who would like to interview 59th Medical Wing personnel must first contact Public Affairs at 210-292-7703.

How can I obtain credentials information on a staff provider (Credentialed/Privileged) who worked at the 59th Medical Wing?

Call the 59th Medical Wing Credentialing/Privileging Office at (210) 292-6225 or send a FAX to (210) 292-7964.

How do I get to Wilford Hall?

Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center's address is 1100 Wilford Hall Loop, JBSA-Lackland, Texas, 78236.  The main information line is (210) 292-7412.

When driving to JBSA-Lackland, you will be arriving on one of four major roads: I-10/Hwy90, Hwy 281, I-37, or I-35. There are two gates with Visitors' Centers: the Gateway East Gate and the Airman's Gate.

Arriving from the east on I-10 or Hwy 90
Travel through San Antonio on I-10/Hwy 90 West, exit on Military Drive and turn left. Continue to the second light, the Gateway East Gate, which will be on your left. The first left turn inside the gate will take you to Wilford Hall.

Arriving from the North on I-35, Hwy 281, I-10
When arriving in San Antonio, turn right onto Loop 410 West. Take exit #6 Del Rio/Lackland AFB. Turn left on Valley Hi and continue straight to the Airman's Gate. Continue on this street and you will cross over a bridge and come to a stop light. Turn left at the light and continue straight to Wilford Hall.

Arriving from the South on I-35 or I-37
When arriving in San Antonio, turn left onto Loop 410 West. Take exit #6 Del Rio/Lackland AFB. Turn left on Valley Hi, and continue straight to the Airman's Gate. Continue on this street and you will cross over a bridge and come to a stop light. Turn left at the light and continue straight to Wilford Hall.

Where can I find phone numbers for 59th Medical Wing departments and clinics?

Click on the appropriate military treatment facility link on the side of our home page. Each MTF page includes numbers to their departments and clinics. You can also call (210) 292-7412 for the Wilford Hall information desk.

How do I obtain verification of post-graduation medical and dental training (residencies/fellowships) completed at the 59th Medical Wing?

To obtain verification of post-graduate medical training an individual completed at the 59th Medical Wing, call (210) 292-5392 or send a FAX to (210) 292-3951.

To obtain verification of post-graduate dental training an individual completed at one of the dental clinics at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, call (210) 292-6258 or send a FAX to (210) 292-2618.

How do I get a copy of a birth certificate of someone born at a 59th Medical Wing facility?

For copies of birth certificates for individuals born at a 59th Medical Wing facility:

The individual must go through San Antonio Municipal Archives and Records. Their web site is Their phone number is (210) 207-4214.

How do I get copies of my medical records?

To obtain copies of medical records:

If the patient was seen at Wilford Hall during the last 5 years, they should call the Release of Healthcare Information Office at 292-5081. 
You can mail a request for your records to:

2200 Bergquist Drive, Suite 1
JBSA-Lackland, Texas 78236

You must include a letter with the following information:

- your name
- date of birth
- sponsor's SSN
- period of treatment
- a statement authorizing Wilford Hall to release the records to a specific purpose or organization
- the purpose for releasing the information
- an address to mail the information to
- the patient's signature
- date
- copy of photo ID w/signature

The 59th Medical Wing only keeps medical records for five years. After that, the records are retired to the National Personnel Records Center in St Louis, MO. The individual can request a copy by sending a signed letter to the following address:

National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138

The NPRC will need the patient's name, the military sponsor's SSAN, place of treatment (59th Medical Wing), dates of treatment, and what records are needed.

The NPRC's toll free phone number is: 1-866-272-6272

Individuals can access more information on the NPRC web site at: or  

How do I obtain copies of my dental records?

Dental clinics maintain their own records. Please contact your respective clinic for instructions on obtaining records:

- Dunn Dental Clinic, (210) 671-9612
- Air Force Post Graduate Dental School and Clinic, (210) 292-7251
How do I get seen at sick call?
In an effort to improve customer service for our active-duty members seeking acute (within 24 hours) appointments, the Family Health Clinic at Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center has set aside active duty only acute appointments. These acute appointments replace the old "sick call" process for active-duty members.

This means Airmen no longer have to wait in line to obtain an appointment with a provider. Airmen should call the Consult and Appointment Management Office (CAMO) at 916-9900 for acute appointments in addition to administrative needs such as profile updates, medication refills, and questions for their providers. 

All active duty will have priority for acute appointments from the hours of 6:30 a.m. until 8 a.m. If you are not able to make an acute appointment, you may leave a telephone consult with your provider and their nurse will return your call.

If you feel you are too sick to wait for an appointment , you will be able to be seen at the Urgent Care Center (UCC) at Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center. Click here for more information about the UCC.

Supervisors can exercise the option of allowing Airmen to stay home for up to 24 hours. According to AFI 41-210, 3.6.4, "Unit commanders and supervisors have the authority to grant up to 24 hours sick status at their discretion if a members illness/injury does not require MTF intervention. If the illness/injury persists beyond 24 hours, then the commander or supervisor must refer the member to the MTF for treatment and subsequent quarters authorization."

Conditions requiring a Duty Limiting Condition (DLC), previously known as a profile, will be initiated as appropriate during your appointment. It is not uncommon for a DLC to take up to five duty days to process. Updating a DLC is not considered to be an acute need and therefore will not be considered appropriate for an acute appointment. It is the member's responsibility to follow up with a provider if they have been placed on a DLC and the condition has not resolved. Please make follow-up appointments as needed prior to the expiration of the DLC. With that in mind, please allow enough time for the DLC to be processed especially if you have an upcoming PT test or are coming into your deployment band. 

The health care team at the WHASC Family Health Clinic is committed to delivering the best care possible. Call (210) 292-3057 for more information.

How do I fill a prescription utilizing my military benefit if I cannot drive to a military installation?

TRICARE has four pharmacy options. Each option is available worldwide, but there are some limits overseas.

Starting Oct. 1, 2015, a new law requires all TRICARE beneficiaries, except active duty service members, to get select brand name maintenance drugs through either TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery or from a military pharmacy. Beneficiaries who keep using a retail pharmacy for these drugs will have to pay the full cost. Maintenance drugs are those you take regularly for a long time, such as drugs to control blood pressure or cholesterol. The law does not apply to drugs you take for a short time, like antibiotics, or generic drugs. Beneficiaries living overseas, or with other prescription drug coverage, are not affected.
For more information about filing prescriptions, visit the TRICARE website.

What is TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery?

The TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery is least expensive way to fill prescriptions after military pharmacies. You can get up to a 90-day prescription for most drugs at the following costs:

  • Generic: $0
  • Brand name: $16
  • Non-formulary: $46 (unless you get medical necessity
To schedule an appointment:
Option 1: Log onto the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
Option 2: Call CAMO (Consult and Appointment Management Office) at:

JBSA SAPR Hotline: 210-808-7272

DoD Safe Helpline: 1-877-995-5247

Chaplain Services: 210-292-7373

Notice of Privacy

Learn more about how we protect your privacy, how medical information about you may be used and disclosed, and how you can get access to this information. Notice of Privacy Practices