SAMHS COVID-19 operations for Columbus Day
By Courtesy, 59th Medical Wing Public Affairs
/ Published October 02, 2020
JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-LACKLAND, Texas --
The San Antonio Military Health System will continue COVID testing over Columbus Day. The WHASC Drive-thru testing site will be the only site open on Columbus Day, 12 Oct 20, 0800 - 1200hrs. The BAMC and Randolph COVID-19 Drive-thru sites will be closed on Columbus Day (12 Oct 20). Normal hours of operation will resume thereafter.
Normal hours of operation for The San Antonio Military Health System (SAMHS) COVID-19 Drive-thru screening and testing hours of operation are as follows:
- JBSA-Lackland's site, located on the ground floor (basement level) of the parking garage (follow the blue cones on Wilford Hall Loop), is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to noon.
- JBSA-Randolph's site, located at Randolph Clinic (check in at front doors), is open weekdays from noon to 4 p.m.
- BAMC's site, located in the first floor parking garage, is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to noon
The COVID-19 testing criteria for eligible beneficiaries is noted below:
- Members with COVID-19 symptoms
- Asymptomatic members with recent close contact exposure to someone with a positive COVID-19 test result
- Active Duty members deploying or on TDY orders requiring testing
- Active Duty and dependents PCSing overseas w/military orders directing them to obtain COVID-19 testing
- Pre-operative or pre-chemotherapy patients
- Patients directed to test by Public Health or a Medical Provider
For more guidance regarding COVID-19, please visit the Center for Disease Control website, or ask your primary care manager.